Friday, May 26, 2006

Account Opened

So I opened an account with MB Trading. They offer $0.01/share stock trades (minimum $1 per order), and $1/contract Options trades. No account minimums or transaction minimums for these commission rates. The Options ability comes with a catch, for Options quote data feed it's $10 per month, this fees does get waved with 10 options contract trades per month. Even with the $10 it's still cheaper than most other brokerages. As I get better at this I might not even be paying that $10. This is a real deep discount brokerage, no frills, just raw data and fast efficient order execution. I'm not paying for advice or research or stock screening, that's what "hands on approach" is all about.

I called their customer support to ask some questions and was connected with a live human. They also provide an online chat service to talk to customer service reps as well, which also provided prompt attention. One form I need to sign and mail to them and then I can fund my account directly with a single ACH transfer from my savings account.

Next up Money Management, and maybe some general market analysis ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home